Wednesday, August 15, 2007

From here I go on....
I have tried to be what I would consider a good person all of my life. I haven't broken all of the commandments, I've given my last dollar to a stranger, and attempted to be the best parent that I can, and yet I seem to be constantly beaten down by circumstance, and the actions of others.
At one time I thought this must be some sort of "Wrath of God" type of thing, because I felt like I was being punished for something maybe my soul had done in a previous life and I was just getting the divine repercussions now in this lifetime, even though I am not privy to the crime. However I am not really convinced that anyone is listening. That would explain all of the unanswered prayers, and lack of concern.
Then I come to my other thought or belief if you will. I've always felt, or maybe it was the way I was raised that there could be Karmic retribution: the ideology of what comes around, goes around. But to my knowledge I have never been rewarded for any good deeds that I may have done. So what does that leave?
Human companionship, someone who will be an ally, someone who will be a loyal friend, or someone to love you and make it all seem worth it. Sounds like a another myth to me, and I have evidence to prove it.
And yet I still go on, I still love, and I still do good deeds, and bad and I still look for my ally, my friend, someone to answer my prayers............Because I still believe in"Maybe someday".

No comments: